DEI ACTION PLAN
1. Learn and Improve. Improve the cultural awareness, inclusivity and diversity of the organization. Weave the knowledge learned into our operations and best practices. Be mindful and intentional to include the voices of a more diverse population through every area of the organization.
2. Adapt Inclusivity. There With Care is dedicated to fostering an inclusive community by:
- Continually adapting our services and products to be responsive to the needs of the families served. There With Care is committed to prioritizing the voices and lived experiences of the families we support to inform the continuous improvement of our programs and services.
- Creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that supports and celebrates staff, volunteers, board members and community from all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives.
3. Advance Equity. There With Care is acutely aware of historical health disparities, particularly for families and children of color, as well as linguistically isolated households. We will work intentionally with our hospital partners to serve those families who face systemic, cultural and/or financial barriers in accessing adequate health care and social services, including transportation assistance, food and housing security, and basic needs acquisition.
4. Be Proactive. There With Care will be proactive when it comes to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, especially with inspiring and educating our team, board and volunteers. We are committed to always encouraging growth, learning and open dialogue.
5. Have a Diversity Plan. To have a plan and process in place for There With Care staff and board members to follow that allows the organization to involve more people from diverse backgrounds, identities and perspectives. This includes:
- Ensuring that recruiting new staff, board and volunteers will improve our ability to more effectively understand and support the diverse needs of the communities we live in and serve.
- Being strategic in our communications to be mindful and inclusive to represent our community as a whole.
- Weaving the DEI statement into a living part of the daily work and mission of There With Care.
Through the intentional work around Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, There With Care hopes to strengthen the connections with our communities and to better serve all children facing critical illness with love and care.